About AviMy goal is to treat everyone how I would like to be treated. I am proud that my clients have given me five-star reviews, and I would love to provide you with five-star service. My approach is to be highly responsive, provide researched recommendations, and not to pressure you. Please contact me if you are considering buying or selling. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you.
My unique combination of experiences and skills, and my absolute focus on my client's needs, is what helps me excel as a Realtor. My background includes service in the US Army, and work in marketing at General Electric. I studied history at Brandeis University, and went on to complete an MBA at MIT Sloan, where my studies included negotiations and marketing.
How I'm different
There are many fine real estate agents, and it seems as if they all claim to care about their clients. I think actions speak louder than words. Here are commitments which set me apart:
- I don't practice dual-agency.* That's what it's called when one agent represents both the buyer and seller on the same transaction, and therefore keeps the whole commmission instead of splitting the commission with a buyer's agent. Most brokerages encourage it, but that practice creates potential conflicts of interest and leaves one or both sides without true representation. That's why, when I'm a listing agent for an on-market listing, I refer unrepresented buyers to another Realtor available to be their buyer's agent. It creates better outcomes.
- I use a reasonable, plain-English, buyer representation agreement, and am developing a reasonable, plain-English listing agreement too. The industry standard is a legalese-filled, tiny-print, sign-over-your-first-born agreement, and I think that's awful! I don't want to ask you to sign something that I wouldn't sign myself.
- I always use professional photographers to present my listings in their best possible light. It makes a difference, and I want all the cards stacked in my client's favor. I also provide interactive floor plans for all my listings. Not all agents do. And as new technology becomes available, I stay abreast of the developments, so that my clients don't have to worry about getting left behind.
Of course, I do much more than that. Some other things you should know about me include:
- My listings get broad exposure with the widest distribution options. In addition to the 35,000+ participants on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service), my listings are syndicated to Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Boston.com, HomeFinder.com, and many, many more. They even get shared with Waijule, a property site in China! The big brokerages have nothing on me.
- I'm proud of the many five-star reviews my past clients have given me, and think it's a reflection of how hard I work for them. In fact, many of my clients are referred by past clients. But you don't have to take my word for it; check out what people are saying: Yelp and Zillow.
- I'm a full-time, real estate professional. This is what I do. Did you know that as many as 80% or more of licensed agents are part-time, or do fewer than 1 transaction a year? I have more volume, which means more experience to leverage for you; of the ~650 agents that were at Century 21 North Shore in 2017, I was among the top 15. Buying or selling a home is a big deal, and you deserve a pro on your side.
- I have a unique combination of experiences and skills, which helps me excel in service of my clients. My background includes service in the US Army, and work in marketing at General Electric. I also earned an MBA from MIT Sloan, one of the top business schools in the world. My studies there included negotiations and marketing - skills that I use every day in service of my clients!
- I know this area like it's my own... because it is! I grew up in Massachusetts and have lived, studied, and worked around Greater Boston, including Cambridge, Boston, and Waltham. Now, I make my home in Brookline with my wife and growing family. This is my neighborhood, which means I love and promote it like a local. I am involved in the community and local organizations, including the Washington Square Minyan, American Legion Post 11, and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 864.
- But most of all, my goal is to treat everyone how I would like to be treated. My approach is to be highly responsive, provide researched recommendations, and not to pressure you.
Selected Client testimonials
- Remy G.
- Anastasia L.
- Rod L.
- Oshrit H.
- Debbie H.
- Seth K.
- Gene L.
READY WHEN YOU ARE. LET'S TALK. NO PRESSURE. 617-751-1040
Your needs, my expertise. Together let's find the right home for you.
From pre-approvals to offers to purchase, I'll guide you every step of the way.
Market analysis. Pricing. Staging and showing your home. I'll get it in the best position for a good sale.
I want you to be comfortable with your decision and every step of the way.